March 3, 2014

SXSW HARD NEWS - Hot or Not?

For all you super-serious types who want to talk about snare drums, songwriting and sound boards, I assure you, this is not the article for you. This piece is for the boners in the crowd.

Put down the Financial Times and let’s talk business. Yes, during SXSW we all want to hear great tunes from of our favorites, find an undiscovered gem, and score all the free beer we can. Solid goals, I dig it. I say, let’s dig a bit deeper. Along with my pals over at Do512, we combed through the massive list of upcoming bands for SXSW and plucked out the artists who made us want to lick our red lips and blow air kisses. Some are locals, some we’ve never heard of, and some we have been fans from afar. This SXSW is the year I throw my bra on stage. THIS is the year.** Who’s with me??

Are these bands HOT or NOT? You tell us. 



Photo from Rukkus.com
T-Shirt Elastic Deficiencies. JK! It’s Local Natives. Do these LA dudes make you warm inside? It’s hard to keep your T-shirt collar in check on the road. No points deducted.
HOT or NOT?


Photo by: Patrice Jackson
Dum Dum Girls – !Yo soy lesbiana! Can I just come dance on stage with y’all?! Say YES.
HOT or NOT? 


Photo courtesy of Purple
Purple – Have you guys seen the drummer in this band? Smokin’ and she kills it!
HOT or NOT?



Photo by: Eric England
Diarrhea Planet – Last SXSW Diarrhea Planet played Volcom's party at the Jackalope and I slipped in the bathroom. 
HOT or NOT?



Photo by: Bryan Sheffield
Deap Vally - I'm voting for all of the readers - HOT! Dear DV, let's shotgun a beer and trade jean shorts. 
K, THX. I <3 U. 
HOT or NOT?



Photo courtesy of Shakey.
Shakey Graves - Some might say Shakey is a shoo-in, what do you think?
HOT or NOT?



Water Color painting by Michael Gaughan
Har Mar Superstar - One SXSW I saw Har Mar jamming tacos in his mouth at Guero's on South Congress. It was kind of hot. Hey, we all have our own thing, ok?
HOT or NOT?



Photo courtesy of Mia Kirby
Warpaint - Hey, Warpaint, wanna hit up Feathers when you're in Austin? Bring your hand-me-downs. 
HOT or NOT?



Photo by Stephen Huff
Lord Buffalo - HOT or HOT?



Photo by Nich Thomas
Phox - Phox are staying at my place for SXSW so I had to put them in.
HOT or NOT?



Photo courtesy of Nikki Lane

Nikki Lane - I really have the hots for that bacon...she's ok too, I guess. 
HOT or NOT?



Photo: VMAN Magazine

Twin Shadow - Is the City Witch hat + chunky bauble a good look for a sexy Dominicano? You decide.
HOT or NOT?


Tell us what you think! Comment below.


**Author’s note: This has already been done.
Follow me @missaustintexas

1 comment: