May 20, 2013

The End is Really Fucking Nigh

What are you guys listening to today? I am so stoked on the new Queens of the Stone Age album, I can't stop listening to it. I'm especially digging these animated shorts, they're pretty mesmerizing. I know they are coming to ACL this year, which is cool and all, but I would prefer to see them at a venue like the Mohawk or the Red 7, right? Not next to some Noodler in Teva's who just jammed out to String Cheese something-or-other with his sweaty hoola-huping girlfriend in fairy wings, you know? That is some buzzkill shit. And, put some shoes on, Noodler!



So, this is my plea to QOTSA and my favorite Austin venues: play a show in Austin where the sound will reverberate off the walls and off my Lone Star tallboy; where I won't get hit in the hip by a nooding Noodler; where I can stumble into a shitty bathroom and still hear your beautiful sounds as I am trying to not contract hepatitis in some stall with a Miss Austin sticker in it. Can we do this, please? Thank you and I love you. I mean it.












Their album comes out on June 4th. Buy it, don't be a jerk, support music you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment