December 13, 2012

Let's Give Back



I smell Santa coming! This year I've decided to throw a holiday party, everyone loves a holiday party. You get all gussied up, take borderline inappropriate photos with your co-workers, nosh on some goodies, and sit on Santa's lap (or, your creepy Uncle Tio's lap), and everyone's happy. I love all these things, however, this year I thought I would do something extra, something special for the city I love so much, and the people I love so much, which is why I have decided to partner with Keep Austin Generous, The Blackheart, Freebirds, and the dudes with Broken Gold to throw a party all in the name of giving back. 

Keep Austin Generous is a new organization with a big heart, and a great mission. They are aiming to spread the love to as many local charities by encouraging everyone - retailers, individuals, reastaurants, and other organizations - to get involved and do something. Austin is a damn great city to live and I want to make it better by helping each and every one of our friends here. On Dec. 20, you can do your part. Come to The Blackheart for some holiday cheer all in the name of giving. Donations at the door will go to Keep Austin Generous, as will the proceeds from the food provided by Freebirds. Check out the KAG page to learn more about their giving model.

I know it's a school night on Thursday so go ahead and call in on Friday because we are going to get real shitty. We're getting shitty all in the name of giving, so it's ok, let's do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment