June 22, 2012

Get Involved, Already

Yes, get involved, already. I have been exposed to so many great organizations from friends and colleagues, I feel it's my duty as a loud mouth to help spread their message. Creating a positive cycle of giving, and at the very least caring, about the people and animals around you makes for a pretty great place to live. I feel it here in Austin, and I know it's exists in other cities across the US of A, I know it. Well, except Hoboken, that place is a real shit hole. Sorry, Jersey.



What a handosme mug! Meet Gram Parsons. The The Gram Parsons Foundation is a local non-profit organization devoted to education and funding for substance abuse recovery in the artist and music community. Right now the GPF is participating in Video for Change where the winner receives a $5,000 grant. Help 'em out! It's easy, vote here:







Well looky there, another pretty face! This is my baby girl, Lola. She is the love of my life, partner in crime, and over all top bitch. I love her in a very unhealthy, crazy abuelita, talk-to-her-when-I'm-super-borracha way. She protects me, and is the best thing I wake up to every morning. Pit Bulls get a bad rap, we all know that, mainly because of shitty owners and people like Michael Vick, but one group doing great things for our little friends is Love A Bull. Love A Bull is a local organization who helps promote responsible guardianship and improve the image and lives of pit bull type dogs through education, advocacy, and rescue. Great cause! Love A Bull regularly has events throughout town (bars especially) where you can bring your cute pup for some fun and fundraising all while chugging a beer. That shit warms my heart.

If Love A Bull doesn't strike your fancy (we can't be friends), then devote some of your animal love to Austin Pets Alive (we're friends again). They are always looking for donations, foster parents, or volunteers. Share the love to our furry friends and send me pics.

Here are some other organizations I support, and you should too. Check 'em out:

Front Steps - Helping the homeless. 
Planned Parenthood - I love PP and PP loves me.
Out Youth - Queer youth!
Generation Rescue - Bringing hope for Autism recovery.
LULAC - Helping La Raza.
NOH8 - I'm here, I'm queer! Marriage equality for everyone.
Operation Homefront - Love to wounded warriors.


These are just a few, pick something that speaks to you and get out there. Sometimes just volunteering makes a world of difference.


1 comment:

  1. I voted and so should all miss austin stalkers!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete