November 26, 2012

Anniversary Party With A Secret Show at the Shang!



The Shangri La is having a bitchin' four year anniversary party tomorrow night, and well, you should go. Not only will there be kegs and kegz, a photo booth by Alison Narro, tons of smiling faces, but there is also a secret show, a really FUN secret show. At first, my pea brain was churning with ideas. In my mind, I thought (hoped) the musical guest could be someone like the Texas Tornados reuniting for the holiday's inside the Shang. Somehow I'd hip-check a bitch to make my way front and center to sing Hey, Baby Que Paso as a lady Freddy Fender reincarnate. This is how my brain works. That's not the case, however, the actual musical performers will blow the roof off just the same. They bring the noise, and I'm stoked to see them at the Shangri La. It will be just like my days in college in that sweet, little town in North Texas. Come buy me a shot tomorrow and let's take questionable photos to be blasted on the interwebs the next day. Fun!

On a side note, don't you think the members of the Texas Tornados have the best names ever? Flaco Jimenez, Freddy Fender, and Augie Meyers, just to name a few. Anyone named Augie deserves a hearty motorboat by some brown sugar titties, in my opinion. Happy Anniversary, Shangri La! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment