November 20, 2012

Hunk of the Week!

Austin dudes and ladies, meet this week's Hunk of the Week, Zach Blair of Rise Against! Zach is a local homie with a sweet face and a sweet heart. Check out his interview below, he drops some exciting news. Is there a Ramones tribute band in the works with him and some of the dudes from Riverboat Gamblers. Say what?! Sign me up, I'm there!! That is going to rule so hard. Ladies, give some wet kisses and tittie shakes to Hunk Zach.




Photo by Dawn Wilson.



Name: Zach Blair
Occupation: Musician. Entertainer. Dazzler. Wower
Single? Yes
Age: 38 and shit


What is your deal breaker?
Someone who moved to Austin because they came during South by Southwest and thought it was like that all year round here and now all they do is bitch about the heat. Also, someone that says "South By" - it's just one more fucking word! (And, secretly anyone who wants to take a picture in front of the "I love you so much" sign on the side of Jo's Coffee)

What is your deal maker?
The usual: Great sense of humor (boring), good music taste. Someone that's nerdy about something, anything. A natural beauty. Recently, I've realized that dating in Austin means you have to specify a person be an adult and mature, so...that. Also, someone that says "South by Southwest" instead of "South By"

What do you love most about Austin?
There always seems to be something to do, it's never boring, and very active. Which is nice because I'm hyperactive and I have ADD. Also, the Alamo Drafthouse (greatest place in the world).

What was the first record, tape, or cd you purchased with your own money?
My dad was a radio DJ and always bringing home records so it's a bit foggy, but the one that sticks out is Metallica's Master of Puppets. Though, if I'm being honest, it might have been Van Halen's 1984.

Where do you like to hang-out (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you)?
The Alamo Drafthouse - all locations, Jo's Coffee, Central Market - the south location, I love that place.

You travel a lot with Rise Against, what's been a memorable show for you? Any favorite bands you've toured with, or been surprised by?
We just got back from South America and the shows were all really amazing. We had never been to Costa Rica and the kids were so appreciative that we even came to their country. It's humbling. They went crazy the whole time. Insane.

As far as live shows go, we did a show at the Long Beach Arena (where Iron Maiden recorded the Life After Death album), and two of my favorite bands, The Descendents and Bad Religion opened for us! It was the most surreal thing I have ever experienced, the 14-year old me was comatose. I also realize there's no way to tell this story without sounding like I'm bragging...so nevermind. Forget it. Leave me alone.

Do you have any tips in regards to dating for the single ladies and dudes out there?
No, I really don't. I tried to think of something funny, but I'm the wrong guy to ask. Keep it fun? See?! I'm fired.  Maybe, don't go on one of those Segway tours on your first date..or ever. You just look like a fucking asshole. That helmet? Sheesh.

Anything else we should know about you? Any projects in the works? Upcoming shows? Fetishes? Arrest record?
Well, there is a rumor that going around that Bobby C. Marchant and Mike Weibe from the Riverboat Gamblers and I are going to start THE Ramones tribute, not "A Ramones tribute", but "THE Ramones tribute" band. It's going to be called The Remones. I can not confirm nor deny this rumor at this time......(I can totally confirm it. That is what we're doing, it's going to be raaaaaaaaad!! Look around for it!)











No comments:

Post a Comment