September 16, 2011

Welcome, ACL



It's that time. I've decided instead of cramming my jugs into that crowd this year, I am going to make some money, bitch needs to make some money. I will be bartending at one of the local South Congress bars so come find me. For many of you, enjoy ACL, get shit-faced, and see some decent music. 

Tonight, you're kind of screwed. Seeing Kanye West or Coldplay? Those are the options? Yuck. It's alright, I have a feeling there will be a ton of badass after parties and shows, you might have to blow some keyboardist to find out, but whatever gets you the info is key, I suppose. If you're out there this afternoon, I would go see Big Boi, that's a hilarious motherfucker. Fingers crossed he has some big asses up on stage with him shakin' it.

Saturday, I guess everyone really paid to see Stevie Wonder, right? That's cool. I like it. Other than that, Saturday to me seems like a bore (Cee Lo? My Morning Jacket? No, thank you). Unless, of course, you just want to eat some mushrooms, sweat your balls off and impregnate a hoola hooping hippie. That sounds like something I'd watch (and document).

Sunday of all the days, is the day to get it. Must see Mariachi El Bronx, I'm obsessed. They play at 12:30 pm, so get your ass out there. There are a couple other notables, like The Walkmen and Social Distortion  throughout the day. With the evenings cooling off, ending the night with Arcade Fire sounds like a nice Sunday.

There are going to be a ton of people coming to our little city this weekend, I say welcome! This is great for Austin. Clean up after yourselves, don't be an asshole, spend a lot of money, and have fun.

Bienvenidos!

No comments:

Post a Comment