November 14, 2011

Love Letter to Keith Wright



Do you ever hear a song and it instantly takes you back to that place. I had a boyfriend in the fifth grade, Keith Wright, cute little blonde thing with a Coca-Cola T-shirt. I remember having to choose which kickball team to play on, Jocks or the Skaters. I always picked the Skaters, obviously. Keith was a Skater too. Well, we used to sit on the phone together and listen to Metallica a lot. Not really talk on the phone, just sit and listen to loud music. My poor parents. I vividly remember laying on my dining room floor listening to "One" with Keith Wright. We "dated" until the end of our sixth grade year when his older sister threatened to beat me up because I wouldn't kiss her brother. Keith! You had no balls! It's been 20+ years, call me. I'd kiss you now. Hope you still have those cute blonde sweeping bangs and an affinity for loud music.

No comments:

Post a Comment