February 24, 2012

Art Weekend Austin



Someone is slicking her hair back and chugging the bubbly this weekend. I have some great friends who are so sweet to this hot tamale. One of my ladies hooked me up with tickets to this event this weekend. Art Night Austin benefits Art Alliance Austin, a great non-profit organization that supports, promotes and funds our local visual artists. This type of organization makes me want to hug Austin and be grateful I live in a city that understands how important the arts really are to a community. Come booze with me and talk art, I can yap for hours on this shit.

Art Alliance Austin:
http://www.artallianceaustin.org/art_night_austin.html




Tonight, head over to the Common House (906 E 49th St, Austin, TX 78751) for a smashing show, Band of Loners from 6-9. The Art Alliance benefit is going to be rad, no doubt about that, but you know what is fun about the Common House? You can jam a $6 bottle of wine in your purse and have a great cheap date with some great people, and talk art. Or, you can talk nonsense, that's fun too. You can also support the local CH artists and buy some quality shit right there. You know that M.C. Escher print looks lame in your living room, anyway. Support. Drink. Chat. Let's do it.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment