March 9, 2012

SXSW - Hunk of the Week!


Name:  Mike Wiebe
Occupation:  Musician/Writer (so I'm actually a bartender)
Single: I recently started dating Taylor Swift, but I wouldn't consider it serious. The main issues are our age difference and the restraining order.
Age: 36, but extremely immature

Our first SXSW Hunk knows a thing or two about performing. Riverboat Gamblers, High Tension Wires, Ghost Knife, AND a stand-up comedian? Jesus, this dude is busy as fuck. He makes the ladies swoon, and the dudes walk funny. You can see him all over this week for SXSW, follow the screams of adoring fans, and blood from his fingernails. Check out one of the shows below, you won't regret it.







Name:  Mike Wiebe
Occupation:  Musician/Writer (so I'm actually a bartender)
Single: I recently started dating Taylor Swift, but I wouldn't consider it serious. The main issues are our age difference and the restraining order.
Age: 36, but extremely immature


What is your deal breaker?
Being a better rapper than me (that's why me and M.I.A. aren't together anymore), and flip flops.

What is your deal maker?
Being a worse rapper than me (that's why me and Debbie Harry have made it for so long).

What do you love most about Austin?
That if I were to put on the most mismatched, insane clothing, within five minutes of leaving the house, I would run into some dude who would make me look conservative and boring. He would also probably have a mustache like a boxer from 1912.

Where do you like to hang out? So Miss Austin fans can stalk you...
Highland Mall food court, over by the Pretzel Place. I drink my smoothies and hope someone will notice I'm reading "The Hunger Games" so we can talk.

I love old music videos, it's a shame they aren't what they used to be. Which music video would you say speaks to you the most, and why?
"Union of the Snake" by Duran Duran because I'm pretty sure I'll be a big part of the revolution when the snake people reveal their true selves (I'm looking at you Sarah Palin...)  http://bit.ly/r1sjE6

Who do you feel most akin to? Bruce Stringsteen? Groucho Marx? Lyle Lovett? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Someone else?
Groucho Marx! I have taken his famous quote, "Why would I want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member" and applied it to every relationship.

Anything else we should know about you? Arrest record? Fetishes? Bastard Children? Secret crushes?
I'm a Virgo and I like short walks to the store. My fetish is accepting cash as a gift. I was arrested once. I was only locked up for six hours, but I started up a gang called the Ocelots. I ruled with an iron fist and traded a man's life for a carton of cigarettes. I don't have any bastard children, but I do have a bastard cat. The little bastard just barfed on the floor. I guess I better clean that up.

SXSW I am performing:
The 10th talking at the Get in the Van conference at Dans Silverleaf NX35 in Denton, TX
The 10th with High Tension Wires at Mad World records in Denton TX. 5pm (with Birthday Suits)
The 11th with Ghost Knife at the Beauty Ballroom at 10pm (Peelander Z is on that show)
The 13th doing standup at the New Movement at 9pm (with Chris Rose)
The 15th with Riverboat Gamblers at Haven at 1030 pm (opening for Tenacious D)
The 16th with Riverboat Gamblers at Jackalope (free day show) at 2pm (with Tommy Stinson, Alejandro Escovedo)
The 17th solo acoustic at the Vortex at 130 pm (with Chuck Ragan, Jesse Malin, Jt Habbersaat and more)
The 17th with Riverboat Gamblers at Jackalope at 4pm (free Volcom Day show)
The 17th with High Tension Wires at the Grackle at 5:50 pm (free day party with Peelander Z)







2 comments:

  1. Great interview. I saw Wiebe in Ghost Knife on Sunday when they opened for Peelander Z. They put on a hell of a show. Looks like I found a new blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Missionary, thanks for the love. You should come check out all the fun shows for sxsw if you're in Austin. You get a free motorboat for knowing what's up.

      Delete