April 23, 2012

Pues, It's The Frontyardigans



I love my people. What's the theme for another day in Mexican paradise? Fuck it, that's what. Oh, it's hotter than a motherfucker and the kids want to swim in the kiddy pool in their Pampers? Well, inflate that shit on the sidewalk in the front yard. Fuck it. Pues, the Cowboys are playing AND I have to watch the kids in the kiddie pool? Push that BIG screen television outside in the front yard and let's fire up the grill! Fuck it. Abuelita is coming over and she can only nap in her Lazy Boy, pues push that shit out so she can drink a Bud Light and eat a Mexican hot dog (weenie wrapped in a tortilla). Fuck it.

Why do Mexicans put everything in the front yard? Lawn chairs, grill, sofas, televisions, change of clothes, you name it, it's out there. I remember being a little mocha drop going over to my Uncle Tio's, he straight up tossed two cinder blocks in the front yard and a 2x4.
"Pues, make a bench."
I did just that. Eight year old me juggling my Mexican hot dog, struggling to make a bench. I remember my mom got pissed.

I think Austin Monthly Home magazine should do a special Mexican curb appeal edition? Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment