August 9, 2012

Babe of the Week



Name: Nicole Fairres, better known as Pickels
Occupation: Concierge at W Austin – I LOVE MY JOB
Single?  Nope
Age:  29


What is your deal breaker?
Pessimist.  Bad taste in music.  Bad taste.

What is your deal maker?
Confidence. Active. Sense of humor.

What do you love most about Austin?
I love how health conscious this city is. I’m a big outdoorsy person so I fit in well here. Great variety of food….oh the food!  Love how casual it is here, anything goes. Friendly folks. Art, film, MUSIC. 

Where do you like to hangout? So Miss Austin fans can stalk you...
Justine’s!  East Side Showroom, Dirty Bills, Shangri La, Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse, Black Swan Yoga, Barton Springs, Town Lake!

I love old music videos, it's a shame they aren't what they used to be. Which old music video would you say speaks to you the most and why?
‘She Sells Sanctuary’ by The Cult.  I feel this song in my bones!  Makes me wanna flip a table and dance all night long. 

What was the first record/tape/cd you purchased with your own money?
‘Closer’ by NIN on tape. I wore green doc martins and a maroon bomber jacket. I was 12 years old. 

Who is more likely to make your nipples hard: Bruce Springsteen? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Bill Hicks? John Goodman? Someone else?
BRUCE FREDERICK JOSEPH SPRINGSTEEN.  Always and forever, and ever. 

You are not someone who gets lost in a crowd. How do you describe your style? Any favorite pieces you own?
My vintage cowboy boots that I bought in Berkeley, CA in 2005. My style is a representation of how I feel each day. I put on what feels right and makes me feel good. I also LOVE red lipstick.

Anything else we should know about you? Any projects in the works? Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children?
My name is Pickels. I have a dog named Springsteen. My grandma was a cotton picker. I bought groceries with food stamps as a child. I used to be an advertising exec in Hollywood. I've owned two homes. I love a good honky tonk. I am now a proud dark chocolate addict thanks to my boyfriend. My dad is a redneck and the hardest working man I know. My mom is a sweetheart. I love a strong coffee and good wine. I'm obsessed with food, and fascinated by people. The end.  













1 comment: