August 13, 2012

Call to Action

That's it. It's time all the artists in this town band together. I'm enacting a motherfucking call to motherfucking action. As most of you know, I have an affinity for good ole fashioned music videos, and I want more. I need more. Please, give me more! I love getting lost in the silliness, rawness, the cameos, the storytelling, or whatever the concept may be, I love it all. I think we, as music lovers in a great music enabling town, should make some shit happen.

If YOU are playing in a band, no matter how big or small, start filming your shit. Film your shows, film your practice, or put together some Huey Lewis "I Want a New Drug" concept and do it. It's pretty easy with all the smart phones out there now, right? Don't be afraid, or over think it, just do it. I'm sure we all have a friend of a friend who is a student at UT, or St. Edward's who can smuggle some shit into their editing room, if you need to. I have faith. Send me your cut, post it on You Tube, post it on Facebook, whatever you want. Just put some thought into it and make it your own. Let's do this!!



 One of the best. I'd fuck the shit out of DLR just for his jumping, squealing, high-kicking videos.

 Cameo by John Goodman? Yes, please.



 I love the Juice.

 I make a cameo in this video!

 Love these dudes.

Remember this racist shit?




Does this inspire you? If you need a good talkin' to, I can get you fired up. I know some bands in town who are still making music videos, a big titty shake to you, I love you for it. Now, the rest of you - GO and report back. Quit being a lazy, stoner already.


No comments:

Post a Comment