September 5, 2012

Bands and Booze, Por Vida


Labor Day weekend was a success! I spent the entire weekend with my buds, got shit-canned drunk and didn't feel the effects of an old lady hangover! That deserve another exclamation point! Lately, I have been feeling the hangover on a whole new level. Two weekends ago, I was so out of my skull with nausea, I forced my brown ass over to CVS, big sunglasses and all, to get some Pedia-Lyte to try to alleviate the tequila bottle that was tormenting my soul (a little melodramatic, I know, but it was fucking terrible, I could've cried). Then, my pal reminded me of the menu of beverages I consumed the previous evening and it all made sense. Fuck.

Anyway, this past Friday I saw The Bronx pay at Red 7, it was a great time. Skip over to my Volcom blog to check out my take on this group of dudes. And, check out my master iPhone photo skills from the show:




Pathetic, I'm aware. In my defense, my SLR camera that I would normally use is still in hospice care after her hard fall during SXSW. Bless her.

On another note, if you play in a local cover band in Austin and you have a show at Headhunters or some shit, and you refuse to talk to the people in the bar before your show because you want to save your voice, well, we can't be friends, we can't even be bar pals. Some dude was walking around the other night pointing at his throat, metaphorically patting all the babes on their heads, whispering a soft "sorry, I can't talk". I blame him for kickstarting my drunk engine. Once shit like that happens, I'm in such a great mood, I can't stop. Comic gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment