December 1, 2011

December, Already?

Yes, it's December already, I can't believe it either. Are you feeling like you need a little holiday boost? Well, I'm here for you. These songs remind me of the holidays in one capacity or another, I hope you feel the holiday cheer because I'm about to spray you with it.




Does it get any better than this classic? Fuck, I miss music videos so much.




This reminds me of my Christmas last year in New York City. I didn't live in Queens, Brooklyn to be exact, but I had a very Hollis, Queens moment. I was walking in the freezing cold when I stopped to get some gloves from a street vendor. This song was blaring from his stand. 
"Say, girl, you cold? You too hot to be cold. You like a hot mocha drop."
"Thanks, I am cold."
"What you need? Scarf, hat, gloves, coat, sweater, ear muffs?'
"Just gloves, please."
We exchange money.
"Say. You know you owe me a kiss?"
"Excuse me?"
"You standing next to my mistletoe."
His mistletoe was scotch-taped to the side panel of his booth.
"Next to? Well, that doesn't count. If you would've had that shit above my head, my tongue would've been in your mouth and we could've made beautiful brown babies."
He laughed and said, "Man, I love me some saucy Eye-talians."

    


I am Mexi-Dolly, or at least I am in my mind. I love her so. Nothing will get you in the Christmas spirit like Hard Candy Christmas and The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. The above montage is pretty amazing, I feel like Dolly and I have the same closet.


Happy Holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment