December 18, 2011

I'm Huey Lewis



I woke up this morning and realized my Sunday had mirrored Huey Lewis in the "I Want a New Drug" video. I stumbled out of bed, dunked my hungover head in a sink of ice water (refreshing), ran out the door still getting dressed, creepily checked out a piece of man meat on a bike, raised my eyebrows up and down a few times, paired with an awkward wink (I got nothing in return). Throughout my day so far, I've been giving the thumbs up to sales clerks, and walking with choreographed steps in tune with that familiar saxophone beat. I've seen that bicycle dude before, quite a few times now, when I see him again I'm going to sing in his face real close, raise my eyebrows up and down again rapidly, and just go right at him with an open mouth, hoping he catches it. C'mon, dude, just catch it. You'll like it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment