January 23, 2012

Babe of the Week!



Name:  Donna Barton
Occupation:  Visual Stylist/Slinger of vintage threads
Single?  I'm off the market
Age:  Thirty fun! (But not much longer)

What is your deal breaker?
Republicans, flip-flops, anyone who looks grossed out after a dog licks/kisses them, verbal abuse, meekness, Rush.

What is your deal maker?
Massages, motorcycles, old west mustaches (sorry I don't think they are always ironic), southern hospitality, handy men, animal lovers, blue eyes, ZZ Top, a man who buys me wine, and most importantly, a man who always does the dishes (I hate dishes!).

What do you love most about Austin?
Cedar Fever! (Just kidding, but it is hitting me pretty hard today). All of my great friends, margaritas and patios, queso, and how dog friendly this town is.

Where do you like to hangout? (So Miss Austin fans can stalk you)
Thrift stores for therapy, my back porch drinking wine and watching my dogs wrestle, Yellow Jacket Social Club, Long Branch Inn, Polvo's and Musashino as much as possible

I love old music videos, it's a shame they aren't what they used to be. Which music video would you say speaks to you the most, and why?
Well we didn't have cable at my house till the late 80's so I had to watch MTV at friend’s houses. The first videos I really remember affecting me were the ZZ Top videos with the ZZ Top girls: "Legs" and "Sharp Dressed Man". I thought the ZZ Top girls were so cool and I wanted them to come make me over. A few years later when I was a little older and more rebellious, I remember recording and playing The Beastie Boys (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party) over and over. I was in love with Ad Rock. I even made my own video version of the song with some friends at Six Flags, he he.

Who do you feel most akin: Bruce Springstein? Lyle Lovett? Dolly Parton? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Someone else? Why?
For sure Dolly Parton. We are both southern girls who like to talk a lot and have a have country accents. I wish I had her rack and her ability to come up with the wittiest one liners. Also Jolene is my favorite song EVER, probably because she has flaming locks of auburn hair. Oh and Steel Magnolia is one of my favorite movies, I know all the words.

Anything we should know about you?
No deep dark secrets or hidden children. I love to watch History Channel documentaries. I am in a super tough street gang called The Summit Street Home Girls, and I can't achieve a tan no matter how hard I try.







I love, love, love this sassy fun lady! We need more of her everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment