January 3, 2012

Thoughtful Neighbor or Asshole? You Decide.

In light of the terrible acts on New Year's Day to some of our own, I have been a bit paranoid, like many of you. I often walk at night alone without thinking twice: to my car, to a friends, to get coffee, all over. Well, that has changed. I don't trust a fucking soul, and that's a terrible feeling.

Thankfully, I have a pit bull who is an angel to most, but when she gets spooked she loses her shit. Last night, I'm sleeping, and I get jilted. Someone is knocking on my door at 3:00 am. I almost shit myself.  Lola loses her mind barking and clawing at the door. Possibly the loudest, most terrifying noise to be dead asleep, then to be awaken by a pissed as fuck dog wanting to protect Mamacita. I'm frozen, scared out of my mind. First thought was I wanted to call my mom! I didn't. Then, I thought to call the cops. I didn't. I couldn't even move to get up to see who it was. Terrified. Finally, Lola stopped barking. After about 30 minutes of hiding, I got up to look out the windows. I didn't see anything, and couldn't sleep all night.

This morning I wake up to a note on my front door from my neighbor:
"You left your back car window down. I knocked on your door last night to tell you. Hope you didn't lose any valuables."

Fucking stoners. I hate you. 3:00 am?!

I say, asshole.

1 comment: