May 3, 2012

Babe of the Week!




Name:  Melissa Cox
Occupation:  Party Relations / Public Relations / Puppy Relations. I work for a creative PR agency in Austin and then do my own thing on the side, Music Box Media – PR for musicians, artists and other creatives.
Single? As long as I publicly profess my love for Justin Bieber’s newest single “Boyfriend,” I’m pretty sure I’ll be single for a long while.
Age: 23


What is your deal breaker?
Allergic to or dislikes dogs… (Yes there are people who don’t like dogs. No, I don’t associate with them).

What is your deal maker?
Must Love Dogs. Ambitious – I don’t care what you’re looking to do or who you’re looking to be as long as you’re looking to be or do something. Similar interests as me, but enough of a difference to where we can both expose each other to new things and ideas. Someone who makes me laugh, and doesn’t mind my intense crushes on all of the characters of Friday Night Lights. Taylor Kitsch, call me, k?

What do you love most about Austin?
It would definitely be Austin’s sense of community. People truly want to see you succeed and they have your back. I think in many ways, you have to earn that respect, but the city has the greatest creative and collaborative culture. The Tex Mex is great, the margaritas are ready and you can always find a local band (or twelve) to fall in love with.

Where do you like to hangout? (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you)
My bed, with Netflix (Friday Night Lights) and a bottle of wine… But you can also find me downtown catching live music or sipping a Bloody Mary on the East Side (usually Rio Rita’s). I’m hoping to spend a lot more time at Barton Springs now that the weather is warming up.

I love old music videos, it’s a shame they aren’t what they used to be. Which old music video would you say speaks to you the most and why?
“Thinking of You (I Drive Myself Crazy)” by *NSYNC. It’s creepy as hell. Like, what were they thinking? Where was their publicist?

What was the first record/tape/cd you purchased with your own money?
Tragic Kingdom – No Doubt. And I still want to be Gwen Stefani when I grow up.

Who do you feel most akin to? Bruce Stringsteen? Groucho Marx? Juice Newton? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Someone else?
John Wayne. Growing up on a ranch in Texas has definitely helped me become accustomed to a Western lifestyle. I’ve killed a copperhead with a tree trimmer; I ride horses and own (and can shoot) a .22.
Note: Yesterday my dad killed a snake with grilling tongs. A month ago, he killed one with a bow and arrow. I learned it all from him. #IndianaJohn

Anything else we should know about you? Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children?
I have a pretty clean slate. Though, I will warn you, my dream is to have an orphaned dog farm, so, someday I'll probably have lots of bastard children. (But of course I will never call them that). I often log my misadventures and family conversations on my blog and you can always catch me tweeting at @mellypeacox.





No comments:

Post a Comment