May 3, 2012

Hunk of the Week!



Name: Paul Waclawsky
Occupation: Musician in need of a day job
Single? No
Age: Old enough to know better











Name: Paul Waclawsky
Occupation: Musician in need of a day job
Single? No
Age: Old enough to know better


What is your deal breaker?
Methamphetamine.

What is your deal maker?
A solid back scratch.

What do you love most about Austin?
The people and the food.

Where do you like to hangout? (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you)
Recently, I've been to Mohawk, ND and Hotel Vegas for shows, Cenote for coffee and Austin Vintage Guitars to window-shop.

I love old music videos, it’s a shame they aren’t what they used to be. Which old music video would you say speaks to you the most and why?
The first classic video that pops into my mind is Billy Idol "Rock the Cradle of Love". The sexy girl dancing on the bed must have made a big impact on me! Let me see.. I always loved the video for Tom Petty "Don't Come Around Here No More", it's so psychedelic. A couple of years ago Liars made a totally badass video for "Plaster Casts of Everything": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGl-lQFZSs Freaky awesome.

What was the first record/tape/cd you purchased with your own money?
Was it The Who's Greatest Hits or Van Halen 1984? Maybe it was both at the same time.

Who do you feel most akin to? Bruce Springsteen? Groucho Marx? Juice Newton? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Someone else?
Out of that list I have to pick The Boss. He's from Jersey and I'm from Philly. He sweats a lot when he performs, just like me. There's some kinship there.

Anything else we should know about you? Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children?
I like to bite, I can't help myself. I have really sharp teeth.







This week's Hunk melted my face off during SXSW. He and his band, The Boxing Lesson, killed it at their day show. If you're out and about town, check 'em out. Also, go here to check 'em on Daytrotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment