May 16, 2012

Babe of the Week!






Name:  Karinne  Lee Thornblom
Occupation: Assistant Brewer/Cellarer @ Black Star Co-op; Bartender @ Yellow Jacket Social Club
Single:  Yes  
Age: 31


What is your deal breaker?A little, tiny Mousekowitz voice.... or an overcompensatorannosaurus rex...unless they have both, for I’d genuinely find them entertaining.

What is your deal maker?
Someone on par with my sense of humor, which may not be saying much.

What do you love most about Austin?The people. I’ve never lived anywhere where I’ve felt such a sense of family- batshit crazy, incestuous as we might be...oh and that my momma lives here too.

Where do you like to hangout? (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you)
You can stalk me at Black Star and Yellow Jacket of course, the usual palatable bars, Common House art shows, local breweries, my couch.

I love old music videos, it's a shame they aren't what they used to be. Which old music video would you say speaks to you the most and why?Hmm- well, I dunno if this one speaks to me the most, but it’s always left an impression: Depeche Mode’s, “Enjoy the Silence.” I had just seen that video before moving back to Madrid and while on the plane listened to that album  (on my shitty walkman of course) non-stop. I suppose I loved the video because it was so incredibly absurd and beautiful at the same time...read in to it.

What was the first record/tape/CD/ you purchased with your own money?Simpson’s Sing the Blues! I once could master Bart’s voice and would exhaust my vocal chords while singing along...somehow it was worth it.

Who do you feel most akin to - Bruce Springstein? Groucho Marx? Juice Newton? Freddy Fender? Charo? John Wayne? Someone else?
Punky Brewster? Everyone told me I looked like her when I was little and...then I totally ran with it and tied a bandana around my knee. I also later got in to Punk. Then later became a Brewster. HEEEEY-OOO!

Anything else we should know about you? Fetishes? Arrest record? bastard children?
I can whistle through my tongue. I went to a Spanish Catholic pre-school in Madrid, run by German nuns...so I spoke Spanish with a German accent the first few years there. I played/coached lacrosse. I have insanely, OCD, neat handwriting. I’m much shorter than people realize. Oh, and I have the most incredible circle of friends.  








No comments:

Post a Comment