July 19, 2011

Awesome!


Add this to the dealbreaker list:
Dudes who say "Awesome!" in the creepy, Godly way.

Saying "Awesome" in a normal jubilant, fun context is something relatable and it makes sense. "Last night was so fucking awesome, I lost my chones!" Or "I stumbled upon a Thin Lizzy cover band last night and they dedicated "Dancing in the Moonlight" to Miss Austin, that was fucking awwwwwesome!"

However, the weird church guys who use awesome in a judgemental, "He's watching you" tone make my skin crawl. "So, you protest women's rights too? Great! This is an awesome cause we're doing. Afterwards, we'll end up atop that awesome hill for trust exercises." Or "Wow, his message was awesome! Did you hear the story about not being tempted into tasting the sap?" (I've always tasted the sap, my friend).



Dealbreaker!

1 comment: