April 22, 2011

Izzoz Tacos wants to please the taco loving community

My loud mouth got me in trouble the other night, or so I thought. I was at a bar and I start yapping how I am working on a Hard News segment for Miss Austin. Some dude mentions Izzoz Tacos (S. 1st & Monroe St. food trailer) and I blab how gross I think it is how they have a Port-o-Potty and garbage dumpster right next to their food trailer (I'd been once, the smell was so bad that I didn't want to eat anything). Of course the guy I was talking to was the owner of Izzoz and he gave me a look like "you dumb fucking bitch". He asked me if I liked the food. I said I didn't eat because I got grossed out by the swarm of flies and the smell of rotting possum. After that awkward exchange and my embarrassment, I bolted out of there. So about a week later I am at the same bar and who do I see? The owner again. Fuck. He remembers me, I say hello. I have to say this guy is the nicest person. He told me after our conversation he had the Port-o-Potty and dumpster moved to the other side of the parking lot! Then he buys me a beer!!! Shit. I felt awful. On the bright side, I was able to document the before and after for you all to see. I am now a fan of Izzoz, I've eaten there, it's delicious. So you're welcome Austin, I am single-handedly keeping the maggots out of your tacos.

Before
After (and away from the trailer)

No comments:

Post a Comment