April 14, 2011

Restaurant Week!

I had a girl's night out with my hot date, Kelli, last night for restuarant week and it was delicious! Each participating restaurant offers a special three course prix fixe menu. We chose to go to Jasper's in The Domain. I normally don't go that far north for dinner, but restaurant week made us feel adventurous and it was worth it.  Highlights of the meal:
Prosciutto Wrapped “Shrimp and Grits”
Grilled Corn Grits, Lemon-Thyme Butter Sauce
Hickory Grilled Flat Iron Steak + Kelli's excited finger
Wilted Spinach, Roasted Mushrooms, Red Wine Butter

Butterfinger Crème Brulee
Homemade Butterfinger
All that for $35 is a bargain! Butterfinger Creme brulee??!! So memorable, I want one the size of a cereal bowl. The server placed the desserts down and I immediately jammed my spoon through the crispy sugar crust before realizing that I wanted to take a photo. That is how excited I was. 

Restaurant week is happening April 17-20, check out all the information here:

http://restaurantweekaustin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment