May 23, 2011

Hunk and Babe of the Week - Couple's Edition

I love a good twosome. Sometimes, I think a great couple needs to be acknowledged just for being rad. I hate bullshit couples who can't or are too scared to admit when something isn't right. If you're miserable, I think you should get out before it gets REAL ugly and someone gets stabbed. Our Hunk and Babe this week are one of those rad couples who are happy, have fun together and most importantly, are two solid individuals without their mate. I love that. Here's Grant and Sara.




Name: Grant Himmler
Occupation: Musician (does serving food at $2.13 an hour count as employment?)
Single:  No. See the current “Babe of the Week” for an idea of why men/women should be jealous of me.
Age: 24


What is your dealbreaker? 
Body hair.  Astrology.  Close-talking.  “I Love Pink” shorts.  Abominable kissers.


What is your dealmaker? 
Maybe this makes me gay as a daisy, but girls who can out-man me turn me way on.  She can take a punch?  Check.  She can throw one?  Check.  She can drink a liter of vodka and survive?  Checkcheckcheckcheck.


Where do you like to hangout? (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you)
Feeling low? The 04 Lounge makes a fantastic grave when you just want to drink yourself to death for a night. Doesn't hurt that watching most of the clientele makes you feel pretty good about yourself, assuming you have all your teeth and don't have to make child support payments. Sago, up in the admittedly douchey Triangle, has a badass, LONG happy hour and some of the best Mexican food in the city.  Luke’s Inside Out is a food trailer next to the Gibson on S. Lamar, and is one of the top ten restaurants in Austin, I shit you not.  Jackalope, Valhalla, Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond... it depends on whether or not I have the time.


Anything else we should know about you?  Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children? 
I have a burgeoning affinity for conspiracy theory.  I can’t stand having a shirt on.  I have a nervous tic that makes a lot of people think I’m coming off a meth binge.  Any children of mine, bastard or not, will be/already are fully capable of destroying worlds and creating universes, so unless you notice a Himmler-train being run on Earth’s ass, I’m still not yet a father.




Name: Sara Houser
Occupation: Musician with a bartending problem
Single: No. Don’t let the Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica paraphernalia fool you. I am in fact taken.
Age: 23


What is your dealbreaker?
In terms of looks, I hate it when guys wear their shorts too high. Like right up next to their belly button. It’s unflattering and makes you look disproportionate. Personality wise, if you’re sensitive to sarcasm we might as well not even try to communicate.  “Ouch! Geez, what are you on your period? Don’t take your aggression out on me.” I’m not on my period, I just happen to have a backbone and a caustic sense of humor.


What is your dealmaker?
This is such a Cosmo response but anyone that can make me laugh. I’m a big fan of laughing. Other than that, someone who can keep up with me and isn’t easily threatened.  


What do you love most about Austin?
Taco trucks. Holy dick. Best tacos ever. I also love not having to deal with shit tons of snow for 4-5 months out of the year. I moved here from Boston and Jesus Christ that place is cold. I love being able to swim and play outside for 70% of the year here. And it’s stupid cheap. I paid $11 once for a vodka tonic up in the old Bean. 11. god. damn. dollars. ...for well vodka no less. Never again.

On a serious note, I think the music scene here and in other smaller but still es tablished cities like Portland, Minneapolis, DC, and Philadelphia is going to blow the fuck up and give NYC and LA a run for their money. It’s going to take some time but I think what’s happening in Austin artistically is really cool and people are starting to realize that nationally.


Where do you like to hangout? (so Miss Austin fans can stalk you) 
I like to go to Highball to class it up a bit. Their classic cocktails are awesome and get the job done. Plus I am a sucker for karaoke. Honestly, you could put me in one of those karaoke rooms by myself with a bottle of tequila and I’d be set for days. I also appreciate a good patio so I head to the East side for that. The Liberty, Cheer Up Charlies, Rio Rita.


Anything else we should know about you?  Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children?
Please dear God go and listen to my music at laughingbackwards.com or check out one of our shows. Other than that, I’ve recently gotten really into roller derby. I’ve never been arrested nor do I have any tattoos which makes me feel unique in Austin but also very very boring. I probably do have 1 or 2 bastard children running around . You never know, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment