May 8, 2011

My first confrontation!


Not on Mother's Day! While I was getting coffee this morning, I saw this dude fighting with his mom. Of course, I grab my camera and snap a photo. Well, Mommy Dearest shot a death stare at me and said, "Can I help you? Who are you and why are you taking my photo?" One thing you all should know about me is that I have a special gift of gab.  The heavens above granted me with quick-I-don't-give-a-shit-wit (which will inevitably be my downfall.) So I say, "Yes, I am taking your photo. I work for The Statesman and we're doing a special feature on wayward moms on Mother's Day. Look for it in tomorrow's Life & Style section. Happy Mother's Day to you, ma'am." Before I even finished saying ma'am, I was out of there. I might have a loud mouth but I do have enough sense to run, I don't want to have scolding hot coffee thrown in my face. I'm no dummy. Well, maybe I am a dummy because I left my untouched coffee I had just purchased because I was too concerned with finding my car keys. Damnit.


No comments:

Post a Comment