May 30, 2011

Hunk of the Week!!



Name:  Fadi El-Assad
Occupation:  Rocker
Single?  No
Age:  32


Dealbreaker:  Eczema

Dealmaker:  Promises of acting work.

What do you love most about Austin? 
I love that a city can be so far ahead of the cool curve, that it's residents are confused as to what Hall & Oates shirt is still clever enough to wear to a friend's "mustache cocktail party."  Remember when irony used to mean something?

Where do you like to hangout? (So Miss Austin fans can stalk you) 
I tend to stick to bars and clubs that my friends own/manage/work at.  I find their policy on drunken crying much more lenient than warehouse district bars.

I love old music videos, it's a shame they aren't what they used to be. Which old music video would you say speaks to you the most and why?
The video that stuck with me the most as a kid was Michael Jackson's Bad. Mainly because after I watched it for the first time, I ran to the nearest store looking for a sequence glove to rock while I sang along at home (I really thought I was "bad").  But of course, what self-respecting convenience store carries fitted, sparkling sequence gloves?  All they had were oven mitts and work gloves.  So I ended up just being an idiot wearing one gardening glove grabbing my crotch dancing alone in the living room.  I'm not sure what my folks thought.  Maybe they just quietly left me alone, while going over therapy options.  As an adult, there is a video that I think about from time to time without any prompt.  It's Tom Waits' "Downtown Train."  It's all shot in black and white like a 50's noir movie.  It's genius.  I love it.

Who do you feel most akin to:  Usher? Bruce Springstein? Lyle Lovett? Freddy Fender? Charo? Someone else?
Usher.  Because I can dance real good. 

Anything else we should know about you? Fetishes? Arrest record? Bastard children?
I once hung out with a baby chimp named April, and was later told by a friend that "primates have diseases man hasn't heard of yet"  and that she would "snatch [my] life from [me]"  Thanks for the heads up too late, pal.



If you want to check out Fadi in action, go to http://www.theriverboatgamblers.com/ to see tour dates. Trust me, if you haven't been to a Riverboat Gamblers show, you must immediately. These dudes are loud, fun and you'll probably get hit in the head with a beer can. Gimme!

No comments:

Post a Comment